Education & Training
- 1999‐2003 D.O. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- 1998‐1999 Post. Bac. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- 1994‐1998 B.S. Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Post Graduate Training: 2008‐2009 Fellow Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology Pittsburgh, PA
- 2004‐2008 Resident Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Philadelphia, PA
- 2003‐2004 Intern Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine med‐net Hospital Consortium, Philadelphia, PA
Otolaryngologic Uses for Spinal Drains. Maguire RC, Gull J, Weaver M, Sataloff RT. Ear Nose and Throat Journal. 2010 October 89(10):E17.
Injection Laryngoplasty for Type 1 Laryngeal Cleft in Children. Cohen MS, Zhuang L, Simons JP, Chi DH, Maguire RC, Mehta DK. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. May 2011 144(5):789-793.
Injection medialization laryngoplasty in children. Cohen MS, Mehta DK, Maguire RC, Simons JP. Archives Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. 2011; 137:264-268.
Endoscopic Anterior Cricoid Split with Ballon Dilation: A novel technique for treatment of infants with failed extubation. Horn DL, Maguire RC, Simons JP, Mehta DK. Laryngoscope. 2012 Jan;122(1):216-219.
Aortopexy for innominate artery compression of the trachea in children. Wine TM, Colman K, Maguire RC, Morell VO, Mehta DK, Simons JP. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. July 2013 149(1):151-155.
Objective endoscopic findings in patients with recurrent croup:10 year retrospective analysis.Hodnett B, Mehta DK, Simons JP, Maguire RC.Int. J. Pediatr. Otorhinolaryngol Volume 79,(12) December 2015, 2343-47.
Laryngomalacia and Swallowing Function in Children.Laryngoscope 2016;126(2):478-84.
Chronic esophageal foreign body presenting as wheezing and cough in a toddler.Kazmerski T, Dedhia K, Maguire R, Aujla S.Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonology.Volume 27, Number 3, 2014.
Role of Polysommnography of an Algorithm for Planning Tracheostomy Decannulation. Robison JG, Thottam PJ, Greenberg LL, Maguire RC, Simons JP, Mehta DK. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. January 2015 152(1):180-184.
Research Interest Summary
Dr Maguire has a strong interest in disorders of the aerodigestive system including patients with airway obstruction, tracheostomy tubes, swallowing dysfunction and voice disorders. Dr Maguire Has a special interest in vocal fold dysfunction and is organizing a multi-disciplinary clinic in conjunction with the pulmonary and speech/language pathology departments to efficiently care for these patients in the same office visit