Education & Training
- University of Pennsylvania Bachelor of Science, Economics (BS in Econ) 1954 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Temple University School Medicine Doctor of Medicine (MD) 1960 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Mt. Sinai Hospital Rotating Internship New York, New York 1960-1961
- Veterans Administration Hospital General Surgical Internship Boston, Massachusetts 1961-1962, J.J. Bryne, M.D., Director
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Otolaryngology Residency Boston, Massachusetts 1962-1965
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Teaching Fellow Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts 1967-1968
- Special Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery with Dr. John Conley New York, New York 1967-68
- U.S. Army 97th General Hospital Department of Otolaryngology Frankfurt, Germany 1965-1967
Salivary Gland Disorders, edited by E.N. Myers and R.L. Ferris. Springer Co., Heidelberg, Germany, 2007.
Tracheotomy: Airway Management, Communication, and Swallowing, 2nd Edition, edited by E.N. Myers and J.T. Johnson. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA, 2007.
Operative Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2nd Edition, edited by E.N. Myers. Saunders/Elsiever, Philadelphia, PA, 2008.
Pearls and Pitfalls in Head and Neck Surgery, Practical Tips to Minimize Complications, Co-Editor, E.N. Myers, Karger, Basel, Switzerland, 2008.
Research Interest Summary
Dr. Myer's research interests have been centered upon topics in Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery. Major themes for research include:
- Significance of Extracapsular Spread in Cervical Lymph Nodes,
- Surgery for Parotid Tumors,
- Cancer of the Oral Cavity
Principal Investigator of a grant entitled “Oral Cavity Cancer Center of Discovery.” Grant #: P60DE13059 from the NIDCR, $11,000,000 – (1999-2004)